A NEW FACE PROGRAMME
Where: Auckland, Aotearoa-New Zealand
Theme: Agents of Change – Theology Mission and Transformation
In collaboration with Trinity Methodist Theological College and CWM member churches and ecumenical partners.
A New Face is a CWM programme for newly ordained clergy. It is a full-time residential immersion programme that spans six weeks and is designed to give participants a cross-cultural experience of mission. The programme is structured to be contextual and experiential and is available for up to 8 participants. In additional to learning through the theological college, participants explore mission as transformation in their various placement settings. The College will give participants orientation to mission in the contexts of Aotearoa-New Zealand, Maori people and the culture of the Pacific. These include New Zealand and Island churches and community projects. Through the church and community projects participants will be exposed to issues like mission in the contexts of changing cultures, urban poverty, migration, homelessness, race and gender justice, sex work, climate change and the arts, as well as share insights into ministry and mission in congregational life.
- Participants will explore new contextual visions and practices of mission and ministry
- Express their own vision and practice in a new light through theological reflection in the programme
- Be exposed to the context and theology of CWM which they can advocate in their home context
Participant Eligibility and Requirements:
- Participants must be a recently ordained minister, (in the last 3 years)
- All applications must be submitted by their Church, by July 15th 2017. The application must include a letter of endorsement from the applicant’s denomination’s General Secretary. Please note completion of the application form does not guarantee participation as numbers are limited and we will need to select from the pool of applicants we receive
- Participants must demonstrate a good grasp of their country’s cultural, historical and socio-political landscape. They are required to share this knowledge with the host community and programme participants.
- Participants must be willing to commit themselves to the programme for its full duration of the six weeks beginning September 8, 2017.
- Participants are expected to be able to understand and converse in English.
- Participants must commit to be under the direction of the (either seminary or host church) during the full length of the programme.
- Participants must commit to a willingness to live and work with people from different cultures and participate in community activities such as worship, shared meals, and other common responsibilities which contribute to creating a harmonious group experience.
Travel and Accommodation
- Participants must hold a valid passport for at least six months from the start date of the programme.
- Room and board will be paid for by CWM.
- Travel costs and small honorarium will be provided by CWM.
- International travel to the programme location, Auckland, Aotearoa-New Zealand, will be provided and arranged by CWM. Participants who wish to make their own travel arrangements, following CWM’s travel policies, will be reimbursed accordingly.
- Participants will arrange for their own passports and visa requirements. Visa application must be made well in advance. Where you are not able to apply for visas in your country, you will need to apply by courier or through a travel agent at your expense. Please ask your church to assist with these costs.
- Participants will have insurance coverage during the course of the program. However, participants are responsible for expenses such as routine medical examinations such as prescriptions, dental care and etc.
For more information about this programme, please contact CWM’s Mission Development Team at MissionDevelopment@cwmission.org
Documents for downloading